Last year, I made it a point to enjoy more moments of fall. Lots of things I hoped to do were accomplished:
- go to a pumpkin patch.
- carve pumpkins with the hubby.
- listen to my boots crunch in the leaves.
- take a few fall photos.
This year, I have much of the same expectations, with a few minor additions. (If slowing down time was possible, that would be at the top of my list!)
- more fall baking. I need more pumpkin in my life!! Hubby will beg to differ, but he happily enjoys all the treats I make! This year, I'd like to try a few Pinterest recipes featuring pumpkin, spice, and maybe apples.
- pumpkins that last. My hubby already expressed his interest in carving foam pumpkins this year. He is dying to have a Blackhawks pumpkin we can have out every year without him having to spend four hours re-carving it.
- fancy decorating! We don't have much room to decorate in our little home, but I wouldn't mind getting a few small pumpkins to dip in pretty paint or glitter. (Thanks alot Pinterest!)
- pumpkin seeds. Last year, we baked pumpkin seeds for the first time and they were AMAZING! My hubby made his own special spice to go on them and we couldn't eat them fast enough. I'd love to make another batch this year to
enjoyeat like crazy!
- play in the leaves. A few moments each year has to be spent playing in the leaves. My sister already expressed making a local road trip to see the fall leaves and I'm totally down!
- document last year's fall moments. Sometimes I forget that not only do I enjoy HAVING the memories, they need to be documented too. I would be ecstatic if by the end of this season, I had last year's fall memories documented. Let's do this!
What are your hopes and expectations for fall?