Happy 2014!!! The countdown came and went within seconds. I was sitting on the couch watching the countdown when midnight hit, but my hubby was in the bathroom shaving. Us party animals!!! Not one drink last night. To us though, the new year is all about saying farewell to a year of triumph and tragedy and hello to a new year full of possibility, hope, and wonder. There is something so magical about starting a fresh new year!
Last year was definitely up and down for us. The last few months of 2013 definitely were the best, but throughout the year, we experienced: yet another move to a new home, lots of viruses with us and the bunnies, struggles with anxiety, Alex's injury (that hung over our head like a dark cloud), and the general life challenges. But through all of this, I learned so much: how to be a better wife, managing finances on one income, the true important things in life, what really makes me happy, and that friends and family are the best medicine anyone can ever have! And, of course, how much I love having my blog to document my life and as a creative outlet from the crazy, busy reality!
Coming in 2014:
I'm so excited to start a new year and execute some plans that I have been dreaming up and thinking about for months now:
- Create a regular exercise plan for me and hubby to keep fit, in which we exercise a minimum of two days per week.
- Work on my wedding album.
- Read more books!
- Brush up on my Spanish!
- Share several new features on my blog, including: Inspired by Fashion, All Things Thrifty, and Weekly Portrait.
- Printables! (I've been dabbling in printables and really want to be able to share a few here on my blog!)
- Practice more patience.
- Travel! (We very much would like to take a road trip this year.)
- Continue with the Two Midwest Girls Scrap Challenges AND Practical Scrappers.
- Maybe welcome a new addition to our Guzlas Family!
**GIVEAWAY WINNER: And now without further ado, as promised, here is the winner of my 50+ followers giveaway (selected by random.org): HEATHER M! (Heather, please email me and I will confirm your address to send your prize). Thank you all so much for leaving comments and following along. There will be more giveaways to come in 2014, so I hope you will continue to follow along!