Hello dearies! Happy Sunday! Are you enjoying your weekend off? I hope you're getting lots of crafty time in! It has been snowing literally all day and all night and I think we're at about 7 inches of snow now. I'm pretty sure we're breaking records for our snowfall here in the Midwest.
Anywho, I just wanted to drop in and share with you that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by my dear friend Jen at It's My Life. Have you ever heard of a Liebster Award before? It is given to bloggers that have less than 200 readers to help promote their blog. Well, that's definitely me! Here's how it works: 1) Nominate a blog that you love to read! 2) Tell 11 random facts about yourself! 3) Answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you! 4) Nominate 11 fellow bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. Easy as pie! So here we go:
**11 Random Facts About Me**
- I don't wear socks unless its 40 degrees or below.
- My OCD usually kicks in when doors are open or someone is tapping on something.
- When I was born, the doctors thought there was something wrong with me because of my birthmark on my cheek and they ran tons of test on me as a baby.
- I'm 5'0 and my hubby is 6'4. Hopefully our kids will even out.
- I can crack my elbow (kinda gross).
- I spend most of my time while I'm at home in pajamas.
- I met my favorite singer of all time (Anthony Raneri of Bayside) at a merch table and couldn't say two words to him.
- My hubby lived 1 1/2 blocks away from my Grandparents our entire lives and we didn't meet until I was 20.
- I wear my reading glasses most of the time even though I'm supposed to take them off after I'm done reading.
- I swear more than I probably should. Sometimes, I just can't help myself!
- Why do you blog? I started my blog on a whim a bunch of years ago after reading Elizabeth Kartchner's blog. Most of my posts were totally random. Now I blog to document my life and share my crafty projects to inspire others.
- What is your highlight(s) of 2013? There weren't lots of HIGHlights of 2013, but I guess I would have to say that one of my favorite moments was going to the Hellyeah concert with my hubby. Totally "his type" of music, but it was the best date we'd had all year.
- What hobbies do you have? Well, in addition to scrapbooking and blogging, I also like to read (blogs and books), try (and especially eat!) new recipes, take a million photos, and listen to music.
- What is your favorite dessert? Probably has to be Jell-O. That's my "lost on an island" food.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? I haven't been to lots of places and have never been out of the U.S., so I would have to say Venice. One day, I will go there!
- Did you have pets growing up? Were they pets or family members? Family members. Way to many to name here!
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? Definitely my curly hair. It's my pride and joy!
- Do you like sports? If so, who do you cheer for? Uh...yes! I love hockey and football. I cheer for the Chicago Blackhawks (hockey) and the Chicago Bears (football), but I secretly love Drew Breese from The Saints (football).
- What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Well, I used to say Winter...but after all this snow and cold, it's my least favorite! I would have to say Fall: the weather and colors are beautiful!
- Do you have a piece of jewelry you wear everyday? My wedding rings. My hubby and I have matching wedding rings that are over 50-years-old. They belonged to Alex's Great Aunt and I love them so much!
- Name three things on my life bucket list. Well one of the top things I was able to cross off already: learn to swallow pills. (Yeah!!!!) Also on my list is: have kids and learn to play the drums (maybe or maybe not in that order).Congrats if you made it all the way to the end of this long post! Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
- Heather S. - Coffee and Pretty Paper
- Mandi - Kraze of MJ
- Cassie - All Smiles and Sunshine
- Charissa - Charissa Miller Designs
- Heather A. - Crafty Scrapbooker
- Heather M. - My Crafty Heart
- Marcia - One Scrap at a Time
- Sarah C - Paper Pie
- Andrea - Precious Memories
- Charity - Scrappin' Chaos
- Lisa P - Snappin' and Scrappin'
I am asking my nominees the same questions I answered! Make sure to check out their blogs! There are some amazingly talented ladies in this group!xoxo,