Hello dearies. I hope you are enjoying a nice long three-day weekend. I have been enjoying the extra day off by crossing things off my To Do list. Yeah! I love that feeling of accomplishment. Just stopping in to share some snapshots from our weekend.
- glorious corn. I try to take a few photographs each corn season. I love watching the life cycle of the corn from spring to fall and into winter. One day I will scrapook about this.
- Mom-in-law's birthday. We celebrated with a small cake and lots of hang-out time. She had some very pretty flowers sitting on her table. (Maybe daisies? I'm not good with flowers).
- Card games. My mom-in-law, Alex, and I love playing card and board games. I love it when we have time to just sit and play and laugh. Last night we played Phase 10 and Uno until 2:30 a.m. I'm shocked I made it that long. (I am totally an early bird and not a night owl).
- popcorn and candy. On Friday, I stopped at two local stores and picked up some popcorn for myself and some dark chocolate for my mom-in-law. The popcorn store had tons of penny candy and it took everything in my power to resist filling up a bag.
- long hair. I realized at some point very early this morning that my hair is now long enough to braid. It's a spiky braid but still, it is. I'm so excited to try a fishtail next!