Hello dearies. Just "zipping" by to share with you this week's Ten Things project over at Practical Scrappers. If you're looking for some inspiration, you've stopped by the right place! Check this out!
|Products: dotted patterned paper and cardstock: scraps; ribbon: thrifted; swirls: Slice by Making Memories (Vintage Findings cartridge); "hello" stamp: Stampin' Up!; zipper: craft supply; alphabet stamps: Studio G.|
This week's item for Ten Things was none other than...a zipper! That's right. We use zippers on everything from our clothes to Ziploc bags to purses. But, what about on layouts and cards? Well, this week, that's exactly what we did! I'm lucky enough to have a few friends at work that love to sew, and one sweet gal give me a handful of zippers in different colors and lengths. In sketching out my card, I immediately knew I wanted to use the zipper to "open" up to something. And, why not hide the sentiment behind the zipper?
If you'd like to make this card, here's some quick directions:
- Cut cardstock to the size card you want.
- Measure and cut patterned paper to evenly fit on the left and right sides of your zipper. (You will need to cut it in two pieces, one of the left side and one for the right side). Adhere to card.
- Lay zipper over patterned paper and adhere on the undersides only. Add to your card.
- Adhere ribbon on the top sides of your zipper.
- Add swirls to the bottom and then use pop dots to adhere your sentiment.
- Stamp "pull" onto scrap cardstock, adhere string to the back, and weave through zipper.
- Add sentiment on scrap cardstock and adhere to inside of card.
Ta da!!! Make sure you "zip" on over to Practical Scrappers and check out the other amazzzing ideas the ladies had in mind for zzziiipppeerrss!!