I took the last week or two off from blogging because I was feeling sick and crappy thanks to an antibiotic I was on (my stomach is super sensitive so anytime I add anything new into the mix, it goes chaotic).
I recently shared two Week in the Life posts. You can check them out here:
Today I'm sharing Friday + Saturday + Sunday's photos and words. (This post is kinda long due to combining three days together). (Also, a reminder that my photos don't always match my words because I wrote more versus taking more photos).
Friday, April 21st
For Friday's words, I used some of Ali's advice to inspire my journaling: document little details, tell me more. Include the "why" of things. Tell stories.
Hubby and I have separate alarms. Mine sounds like what a princess would wake up to; his is a standard cell phone alarm. I'm not sure why we use separate alarms when we get up together.
(I used to believe my days were all the same, but when I started paying more attention to details, I realized this was not the case at all. They're generally the same but also definitely different).
This morning, I decide to forgo yoga for some light chores instead (not by choice...I hate folding laundry but there's a heaping pile staring me down). While I make the bed, Cocoa rolls around on the floor like a feisty dog. This is how an old dog with bad arthritis plays.
Today we get to wear jeans if we donated to charity. I'm excited because jeans at my office is a rarity. Jeans (and a screen tee) are my comfy clothes of choice, but lately I've been very self-conscious in them (due to what I believe is leftover bloating from our last IVF procedure). (Also, the above photos reminds me of Alice in Wonderland because of how tiny my feet are-thanks to the wide angle lens).
So excited that as a result of donating to Soaring Eagle, we get to wear jeans AND we got these awesome re-usable bags. I love donating to this charity because it hits so close to home and I really know my money helps make a difference. (Thanks to my friend Terri for taking this photo of me!)
Our fav Chinese place for dinner because it's Friday + we eat out on Fridays to celebrate making it through another week. We are regulars here and see the same ladies. There's one in particular that's my FAV, and I hug her when I see her. I finally ask her name after many many times here. It's Michelle. Ah, to know someone's name!
Stopped at Marshall's to walk off our dinner + pick up a new yoga mat for Cocoa (since I destroyed the other one cleaning it with dish soap...) I almost bought that black coffee mug. I end up in a complete bent-over-laughing fit after hearing a kid scream like a cat being scared. (I'm even smiling now as I write this!) Why screaming kids makes us laugh so hard I have no idea.
Saturday, April 22nd
For Saturday's words, I used actions to document my day.
- Feeling blah as a wake up this morning at 6:30 a.m...so much for sleeping in.
- Watching hubby play his video game (Cast and Conquer) and get in his "dailies." I love that he does this regularly and enjoys it thoroughly.
- Went back to sleep for a bit and feel grateful that it actually helped a bit.
- Seeing Cocoa on her new yoga mat makes me so happy! Sometimes she doesn't like change, even subtle changes.
- Reading Mom's happy text messages about seeing Bishop Briggs next Sunday. YAH for pulling the trigger!
- Making the bed because I enjoy it so much these days.
- Eating for breakfast: his-leftover pizza, her-leftover egg and potato skillet.
- Braiding my hair, or attempting anyways. I need more practice.
- Hubby driving because I'm still not feeling well and he loves to drive our new car every chance he can get.
- Listening to screaming melodies (Beartooth).
- Shopping for a bunch of random things, including vacuum filters.
- Browsing frames and then looking into custom frames and realizing we have no idea what the heck we're doing. (We managed to finally collect a photo of each of our grandparents on both sides that we want to hang up together).
- Eating: his-wreck salad, her-meatball sub. Both starving.
- Trying really hard to be patient and not give attitude as we wander around looking at (what feels like) everything in the store.
- Mall-ratting it. (Hey, that can be a word!) We finally have a day to ourselves to buy tapers for my ears.
- Trying on lots and lots of clothes because when you go to The Buckle, they wait on you and make you try on lots of clothes. Nothing for hubby which makes me sad, but I find a beautiful pink top and wonderful black pants.
- Listening to one of our finds at FYE, Sempiternal by BMTH.
- Grilling for the first time this year. (Last year, some sort of animal lived in our grill through the winter. Not this year!) The pork chops hubby made were amazing with a sauce we got from our Mantry box.
- Editing and uploading photos in anticipation of our craft date tomorrow.
- Drinking tea because I'm freezing cold (I've had a chill on and off the last two days). I'm in love with my new tea dispenser! (from Teavana, along with tonight's tea, Caramel Almond Amaretti).
Sunday, April 23rd
For Sunday's words, I thought it was fitting to use the prompt "grateful for" to end this documenting process.
- Grateful for both of us being able to sleep in late and hubby getting to sleep in extra late!
- Grateful for showing up on my mat and doing yoga, even though I don't feel like it.
- Grateful for longer hair to wear "messy buns" even if it is a strategic messy bun.
- Grateful for being a proud army sister and for my hubby's willingness to take photos of me and for me.
- Grateful for remembering to laugh.
- Grateful for Target one-hour photo and clothes I can feel comfortable in and remembering my green bag I got earlier in the week.
- Grateful for sunshine and outdoor sounds and Cocoa sitting in the grass.
- Grateful for The Very Best of Johnny Cash CD now playing (found at FYE yesterday).
- Grateful for having friends that want to come to crafting dates.
- Grateful for time to work on my OLW and Memory Planner albums. YAH creative time!!!
- Grateful that hubby loves our new camera and is willing to pick it up and take photos for me.
- Grateful for the AMAZING buffalo chicken dip that my friend Jenna brought.
- Grateful for the relationship that my hubby has with my family. It means so much to me that they get along and actually care for each other!
Thanks for taking the time to look at/read/stop by and see little glimpses of my real life!